One of my favourite ‘foodie’ websites is Fraiche Nutrition. Tori has some beautiful recipes, and all the ones i have tried so far have turned out brilliantly! http://fraichenutrition.com
I made this loaf a few weeks ago and it was seriously delicious. The added zucchini doesn’t make it feel so unhealthy….at least it has a small vegetable content!
The first time i made this loaf, i was unable to find hemp seeds so i omitted them and it was still great. Second time i cooked i added the hemp seeds….so totally up to you! Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 packed cups grated zucchini (don’t peel it)
- 2/3 cup dark mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 180c.
- Grease two loaf tins and line with parchment paper. Alternately you can flour them after greasing to prevent the cake from sticking.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, hemp seeds, walnuts, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Add the oil, vanilla and zucchini. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated: fold in the chocolate chips. Stir just until combined, and divide between the loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the tops are cracked a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Makes 2 loafs.